A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Birthday Card for My Daughter



Yes, this is a birthday card for a girl.  My daughter has never met a sport she doesn't like, but baseball is her first love. This make her the perfect child for my husband, the sports addict.  Every year Santa Claus brings her season tickets to the Richmond Flying Squirrels, the double A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants,so the two of them spend the summer at the Diamond enjoying father daughter bonding time.  It makes perfect sense that I would made her a Squirrels themed card.  I started by printing their logo on photo paper and cutting it out.  The baseball was made with a circle punch on which I hand drew the stitching.  I made the stripes by cutting strips of Snowhaven Paper, a winter themed paper.  Never let yourself be limited by what a product is designed for!  The layout is based on this sketch from Sunday Stamps:




Thank you for stopping by!  Now why don't you head over to Sunday Stamps to see what others have done with this sketch and maybe enter your self?  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Snowhaven (retired), Cranberry, Whisper, and White Daisy cardstock, glossy photo paper
Ink:  Cranberry, Carmine ShinHan marker
Stamp:  Say It in Style (retired)

2 comments:

  1. What a great and creative card you have made for your daughter! I am somewhat familiar with your scenario of your daughters love for sports. My daughter has no interest in crafting but loves to watch hockey with her dad. :) Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps! challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter will LOVE this card! This is so creative and FUN! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete