A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Joy to the World!




When I saw this Freshly Made Sketch I thought of Close to My Heart's Noel Holiday stamp set.




The card actually came together pretty quickly, even with all the embossing.  I am really loving the Ranger embossing powders!  They are finely ground, so they show more detail.  Unfortunately, no matter how I light it, when photographing a white and gold card I can never get the shine to show without the highlights blasting out that detail.



  
To keep with the vintage feel of the stamp set I used a cropped text box cut using the Artbooking Cricut cartridge (page 81) in place of the banner. The embossing and metallic paper provides enough sparkle and interest so I opted not to use any embellishments.

Another Christmas card down.  I don't want to think about how many more I need to make...  Thank you for stopping by!  Now why don't you head over to Freshly Made Sketches for some inspiration and perhaps enter the challenge yourself?  I would love to see your work.  You have until Monday December 7th at 12:00 PST to enter.  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Colonial White cardstock, Gold metallic paper I ordered on Amazon
Ink:  Versamark
Stamp:  Noel Holiday (retired)
Embellishment:  Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder.


2 comments:

  1. The gold embossing is lovely! Beautiful holiday card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! I love the gold and white! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete