A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Inspired by Gift Bags



As I was assembling goody bags with the help of my assistant last Christmas, I found myself thinking that they would make good cards, so I made a few extra tags which I have been using thoughout the year. 



My latest effort was inspired by this Try Stamping on Tuesday sketch:




The snowflake was cut and embossed and the hexagon cut using Spellbinders Shapeabilities.  The swirling snowflakes and sentiment are from a long retired but still one of my favorite stamp sets, Snow Flurries, by Close to My Heart.  I embossed the sentiment to give it more pop and to balance the white in the rest of the card.  Of course I had to embellish with sparkles because y'all know how much I like sparkles, particularly the itty bitty ones.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Glacier and Colonial White cardstock with Kraft paper
Ink:  Colonial White
Stamps:  Snow Flurries (retired)
Embellishments:  Blue sparkles (retired but you can always use an alcohol marker, such as a ShinHan, to color clear ones)
Other:  Create-a-Flake Five and Hexagon Shapabilites by Spellbinders

1 comment:

  1. This card is beautiful! Love that embossed snowflake and the snow swirl in the background is the perfect backdrop! Thank you so much for joining us at Try Stampin' Or Not On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete