A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Holiday Expressions with Heart



Oh my goodness!  Is it December already?!  This week the Heart 2 Heart challenge is to use something from Close to My Heart's Seasonal Holiday Expressions catalog supplement.  There is no question that I had to use this year's Christmas theme paper, White Pines.  This week the Atlantic Hearts sketch is a particularly fun one:




I love designs where you can use scraps or create a sampler of the papers in a packet.  Now you may have noticed that the sentiment is on clear plastic.  (It was fun trying to photograph it without reflections.)  This made it interesting to attach to the background.  I finally settled on liquid glass, using a pin to apply the smallest dabs behind the leaf parts.  I think I managed to adhere it without the adhesive showing.  This card is also unusual for me because I did not do any stamping on the front nor did I embellish with any sparkles or Stickles.  I did use a little bit of ink though to edge the lamb in chocolate to help him stand out.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, All Close to My Heart:
Paper:  White Pines with Fern, Cranberry, Champagne, and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Chocolate
Embellishments:  White Pines complements
Other:  Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge

6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite Christmas PaperPaks and complements...such a pretty card and love that deer. Good luck on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of those complements! Such a cute card!...thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card especially your use of the complements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, I love it! Your reindeer is so cute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...so sweet and precious and great take on the sketch! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete