A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Color Throwdown Black, White, and Gold




I have been doing a lot of playing with White and Gold which is quite elegant, but when you add Black per this week's Color Throwdown it really pops!




These are three of several variations.  First I did a few where I embossed the angel with Gold powder:




Next, in addition to embossing the angel, I used the powder to gild the edges of the sentiment which I attached with foam tape:





Finally I went for a softer look by embossing the angel with Clear powder and sponging on Metallic Gold ink:




My original plan had been to use only black sparkles to embellish, but they did not give as much sparkle as much as I wanted, so I used mostly clear ones instead.  

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Colonial White and Black cardstock
Ink:  Black with Metallic Gold by ColorBox
Stamp:  Sing Glory (retired)
Embellishments:  Black and Clear Bitty sparkles, Gold and Clear embossing powder 

2 comments:

  1. All three are just so elegant and perfect for the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete