A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, November 9, 2015

Trending Now With Heart 2 Heart



Happy Monday, y'all!  One of the things that makes Monday bearable for me is that it means a new Heart 2 Heart Challenge.  This week the challenge is "trending now," so I made a card using the Bokeh technique and this Freshly Made Sketch:



The Bokeh technique mimics the photographic effect created by shooting with a narrow depth of field (or Photoshop) where the subject is in focus and the background blurred.  Here is a video tutorial by Brenda Keenan.  I used a couple of Close to My Heart's new colors, Sapphire and Peacock, along with Crystal Blue and White  Daisy to create the background.  I cut the circle out of Slate cardstock using CTMH's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (page 31) and then sponged over it with White Daisy in a circular motion.  Yes, I could have just used Whisper paper, but this gave it a softer feeling to compliment the background.  The embellishments are definitely not trending as they have all been retired for some time.  I am not going to be happy when I have used the last of my Opaque Flourishes!

Thank you for stopping by!  Now why don't you check out some more creations at Heart 2 Heart or Freshly Made Sketches and maybe even make something yourself?  You have only until noon PST to enter the Freshly Made Sketch challenge, but you have all of November to enter the Heart 2 Heart one.  I would love to see what you come up with!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  White Daisy, Slate, and Sapphire cardstock
Ink:  Sapphire, Peacock, Crystal Blue, Slate, and White Daisy
Stamp:  Holiday Tags
Embellishments:  Base and Bling Floral Accents, Pearl Opaque Flourishes
Other:  Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...love your bokeh background, softness to it not so bold as some as I have seen. Will check out your video. What is the broach in the focal point, metal or die-cut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent video tutorial. thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! The flower is metal, but you may be able to get a similar effect by layering flower or filigree die-cuts cut from metallic paper. Please note that the video was done by Brenda Keenan. I will make that clearer in my post. Have a great week!

      Delete
    3. I tried the Bokeh on a recent card, but I got to where I was going to add the circles and instead I decided to use stamps of leaves...it turned out good and actually was a CAS card which I have some difficulty stopping with embellishments. So, I still have to do a card and finish the technique.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Love how you've used the bokeh technique, and that flower is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just beautiful! I have yet to tackle the bokeh technique, but you inspire me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely! The elegent pearls and that pretty background make this a wow! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bokeh card, so pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete