A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Merry Reindeer



I need some cards that have interest but are easily mailed; in other words, no sparkles and the like.  Because I need to make a lot of them I do not want to deal with embossing.    I started with this reindeer stamp from from the long retired Heartfelt Christmas stamp set.  It just so happens that he Merry Monday Challenge this week is to use a reindeer. 




 The paper is Pear and Partridge, Close to My Heart's Christmas paper from three (I think) years ago.  I added interest with a narrow strip of Gold glitter paper and a dab of Red Glitter Glitz to embellish the nose.  I also attached the reindeer panel with foam tape.  The sentiment is from an old Stamp of the Month, Scandinavian Wishes.  Here is a horizontal version featuring a sentiment from an old Hostess Reward set, Sing Glory.




Both cards were based on this sketch by Sunday Stamps:




There you are, two flat, easy to mail cards.  Now to make a whole bunch of them...  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Pear and Partridge (retired), Champagne, New England Ivy, and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Saddle, Cranberry
Stamps:  Heartfelt Christmas, Scandinavian Wishes, Sing Glory (all retired)
Embellishments:  Red Glitter Glitz (retired) 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I feel I keep repeating myself, but your cards are so pretty. I recently just got introduced to Merry Monday and I wish I had joined it sooner....would have had my cards done. But I'm getting there now that I have some other Christmas challenges. Another site you might be interested in is 12monthsofchristmaslinkup.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two amazingly beautiful cards! Love how clean and simple they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards! Especially since you are using retired goodies and it still looks FAB. The red nose is just enough to make it fun. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun cards! I love the reindeer stamp! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete