A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Sparkling Trees





Continuing with my Christmas and gold embossing theme, I have two cards inspired by the 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown challenge to use any sketch in their archives.  I chose this one from July 2014:



As you can see I stayed pretty close to the sketch which is not my usual style, but I had a brand new stamp from Hero Arts that I just had to play with.




For my first take I paired the embossed tree with Pear and Partridge (retired) gilded with Metallic Gold ink and embellished it with Red Stickles.   



For my second take I went for a more elegant feel with Colonial White cardstock and Metallic Gold paper and kept the embellishing subtle by using Clear Bitty Sparkles.  I like this one best and will enter it in the challenge.  Which one to you prefer?

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Pear and Partridge (retired), Olive and Colonial White cardstock, Metallic Gold paper of unknown brand that I bought on Amazon
Stamps:  Christmas tree by Hero Arts, Sentiment from Holiday Wishes (retired)
Ink:  Versamark, Metallic Gold by Color Box
Embellishments: Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, Clear Bitty Sparkles, Red Stickles 

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! I absolutely love the gold and white card - simple and so elegant. Perfect take on the sketch too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    BTW - love the green card too! xx

    ReplyDelete