A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge 122 Take Two



When I was making this card for this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, I had to add color to the ornaments to co-ordinate with the paper, but I found myself thinking about how elegant they looked in just gold and white.  This inspired me to make a gold and Colonial White version of the sketch.   




I sponged a little Metallic Gold ink along the edges of each ornament to help separate them from the background and used thin foam tape to attach the background panel to the card base to give the card some dimension while still making it easy to mail.  I don't know if you are allowed to enter more than one card, but I like this one too much not to enter it!  

Thank you for stopping by!  Now why don't you check out how others have interpreted this Atlantic Hearts Sketch?  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, All Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Colonial White cardstock, Metallic Gold paper of unknown brand that I ordered through Amazon 
Stamps: Holiday Cheer,  Mosaic Madness by Stampin Up
Ink:  Versamark, Metallic Gold by Color Box
Embellishments:  Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder

5 comments:

  1. Love that you made a second Christmas card - this one is even better than the last! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as pretty as the first :) Thanks for entering two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the use of the gold tape! So so striking and pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love the gold too! I think I might go with gold on my Christmas cards this year... beautiful! Thanks for playing (twice!) at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gold! Monochromatic can be so stunning! Love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Linda N
    DT member AHSC
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete