A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Freshly Made Snow





Tomorrow night we are supposed to get our first snow of the season.  (That third of an inch that melted by 10:00 in the morning we got a few weeks ago doesn't count.)  They are calling for six to eight inches which in these parts is considered serious snow, so you know where I will be tomorrow morning.




My Yankee readers can stop laughing now.  In honor of the pending snow and because I am trying to get a head start on Christmas, I used a snowflake theme for this week's Freshly Made Sketch:





I started by using Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the snowflake (page 27), used Versamark to stamp it with the snowflake from the Frosted cardmaking workshop, and heat embossed it with clear detail powder.  Normally when I do resist embossing I use a sponge to dab on ink.  This time I used a sponge dauber to rub on Whisper and Crystal Blue inks to get a softer effect.  To complete the snowflake element I sponged the edges with Silver metallic ink by Color Box and embellished with a small circle cut from glitter paper using a hole punch and a blue sparkle.  The sentiment is from the "To You and Yours" stamp set.  Both the snowflake and the sentiment are popped up with foam tape.





I used a snowflake folder by Darice to emboss the center panel and embellished a few of the flakes with grey bitty sparkles.  My stitch guide made it easy to pierce the border evenly and in a straight line.

Thank you for stopping by!  Now I am going to finish my grocery list.  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted: 
Paper:  Frosted (retired), Frosted Blue (retired) and White Daisy cardstock, Silver glitter paper
Ink:  Whisper, Crystal Blue, and Slate along with Silver metallic ink by Color Box
Stamps:  Frosted cardmaking workshop (retired), To You and Yours 
Embellishments:  Blue Sparkle (retired, but you can use a ShinHan marker to color a clear one), Grey bitty sparkles
Other:  Snowflake embossing folder by Darice, Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Hansi! Such a good head start on Christmas! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the embossing and soft, pretty colors. Enjoy the snow! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love this snowflake. And we resemble that image here in VA today. I made the mistake of going to the grocery and it was insane! Hope your snow is fun. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete