A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Seaside Goes Steampunk



I was really hoping I could get this card in the mail before I had to post this to make the deadline to enter this Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge:



Alas, it has been an insane week, and I am lucky I even got it finished on time, so the recipient is going to see it before she gets it.  Oh well.  This sketch screamed for Close to My Heart's "A Thing Well Done" stamp set which is available as a hostess reward in the new Seasonal Expressions catalog.  As I looked through my paper I was amused that the paper that spoke to me has a beach theme.  I used the new ShinHan markers to color the butterfly and some Bitty Sparkles to coordinate.  I have found that if you stamp your image and let it set 15 minutes or so, and if you color along the lines rather than across the lines, the image does not smear.  The panel is popped up with foam tape.

Wouldn't you know it?  After I linked my card I saw that Arlene Bonsma used the same stamp set to create a lovely card.  Go check out her take on the sketch with this stamp.   Can we say great minds think alike?  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Seaside, Desert Sand, Lagoon and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Desert Sand and Cocoa with Light Orange, Turquoise Blue and Pastel Peach ShinHan markers
Stamp:  A Thing Well Done
Embellishments:  Bitty Sparkles

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the coloring and little bit of bling that made it extra special! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    Linda
    DT member AHSC
    http://www.scrappytherapy,com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! ;) Great card love the extra detail you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fabulous and so steampunk, I love it! Thanks for playing along with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours, great work. So pretty. Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    Brandi R.
    AHSC DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, great work on the butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete