A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Birthday Atlantic Coast Hearts!




Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge is celebrating its first anniversary with this sketch:


I found myself thinking about using a butterfly for the shape and Close to My Heart's Skylark paper with its garden feel and what do you know?  One of the April Heart 2 Heart Challenges is to use Lagoon and Sweet Leaf and guess what two of the main colors in Skylark happen to be.  I love it when challenges co-ordinate!  

To stamp this version of the butterfly from the Find Your Style set, I started by using sponge daubers to apply Lagoon and Saddle ink to the stamp.  After stamping it and cutting it out, I sponged the wings' edges with some more Saddle to give them definition.  Lastly I sponged more Lagoon in the upper middle and Sweet Leaf in the area between the Lagoon and Saddle.  This softened the image to complement the background. Now cutting out the butterfly means an antennae-ectomy, so how did I get the antennae on the card?  I stamped them by covering the butterfly's body with Post It Notes, inking the antennae with Saddle, removing the Post It Notes (critical step), and then stamping on the background. Finally, I positioned the cut out butterfly to line up with the antennae and used Liquid Glass to attach the body only.   The corner was stamped with Saddle and the dragonfly with second generation Chocolate.

With stamping done, it was time to embellish.  I used a sponge dauber to color the flourish from the Wooden Mini-Medley Saddle, attached it with Liquid Glass, and then accented it with some Green Sparkles (retired).  I used Brown Opaques for the butterfly's body and ribbon from a long retired Sweet Leaf Mini-Medley to create the crossing layer.

Here is the inside:



Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Skylark, Sweet Leaf, and White Daisy
Ink:  Lagoon, Sweet Leaf, Saddle, Chocolate
Stamps:  Find Your Style (retired), Petite Perks, Joyful Birthday, Believe in Yourself
Embellishments:  Wooden Mini-Medley, Sweet Leaf Mini-Medley (retired), Brown Opaques (retired), Green Sparkles (retired)

7 comments:

  1. Your cards are always so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Love the way you colored the butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. your butterfly is simpy gorgeous, love it!! thanks for sharing with us at AHSC
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Hansi, your work is always inspiring. Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That butterfly is one of my favorite stamps! Beautiful card! I love the richness that the Saddle ink provides. Thanks for sharing with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, as always :)
    Thanks for playing at H2H

    ReplyDelete