A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Color My Heart With Skylark



This week's Color Dare showcases Close to My Heart's new Skylark paper which features Juniper, Lagoon, Sweet Leaf, and Skylark Yellow.  If you do not this paper pack you can still play by using the closest colors you have plus any neutrals.  I will have to admit that I totally cased  this card by Elisha Smith.  I think of Skylark as a feminine paper, but as you can see, it can be masculine.  Here is the inside:



Thank you for stopping by!  Now please go check out some other creations using Skylark at the Color My Heart Color Dare, or better yet, create something of your own and enter it.  You have until 9:00 p.m. central time to enter.  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Skylark, Lagoon, Kraft and White Daisy cardstock
Ink:  Cocoa
Stamp:  Holiday Tags
Embellishments:  Durables Triangle Studs


6 comments:

  1. This paper can totally go both ways! LOVE the un-stitched piercing! I just saw this somewhere else and want to try it! :) Gorgeous use of lines--love the cased card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool looking card - I love the technique! Is there a tutorial for this, or did you just eye ball it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the angles and the sewing lines. Thanks for taking the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is totally a "me" card with its clean and simple feel. Love, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, love the quilting theme and angles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do wish you would give instructions. Beautiful card. Was disappointed you didn't instruct on how you did the paper piercing. Thank you

    ReplyDelete