A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Color My Heart With Sky, Sweet Leaf, and Topiary




I am so in need of spring!  Aren't we all?  This week the Color My Heart Color Dare is to use Sky, Sweet Leaf, and Topiary, a nice "springy" combination.  As I have mentioned before, I do not have any Topiary ink or cardstock.  It is the only Close to My Heart color that I do not have.  Topiary is a green that is between New England Ivy and Garden Green (retired).  After experimenting with both I decided that when sponged over Sky paper, Garden Green looks the closest to Topiary.  I used CTMH's Artiste Cricut cartridge to cut the flower in three sizes (page 73, shift + accent 1 at 3.0, 2.34, 2.5 inches).  After sponging the edges with Garden Green to give them some definition, I shaped them by wrapping the petals around the handle of my quilling tool and giving the ends an extra pinch with my fingers.  Then I stacked them with foam tape between the layers.  I cut the center out of White Daisy (page 54, accent 3, 1 inch), sponged the edges with Champagne, and added a Green Epoxy Bubble in the shade closest to Sweet Leaf.  To finish the flower, I cut leaves from Garden Green (page 54, accent 4, at .75 and 1 inch), sponged with them Sweet Leaf, and curled them with my fingers.  Here is a close up:




To make the panels I used the Tiffany Embossing folder from Cuddlebug to emboss two 4 x 5.25 inch pieces of White Daisy cardstock and then cut them.  I like that embossing folder so much that I used it on the inside as well:




Thank you for stopping by!  Now why don't you take the Color My Heart Color Dare to use Sky, Sweet Leaf and Topiary along with any neutrals to create something to share?  If you don't have those exact colors, use the closest ones you have.  I did. We would love to see your design!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Sky, Garden Green (retired), Champagne, White Daisy cardstock
Ink:  Garden Green, Sweet Leaf, Champagne
Embellishment:  Green Epoxy Bubble
Other:  Tiffany embossing folder by Cuddlebug






3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the flower and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, inside and out! I love how you pieced the embossing folder to create a symmetrical square to frame your beautiful blue flower. Great job, Hansi!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you tipped the edges of the flower! Really pretty! Also like the way you used the embossing folder! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete