A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Grateful Heart


This is my first week as guest designer at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!  I am grateful for my friend, Ginney, who introduced me to Close to My Heart products and introduced me to my consultant, friend,  and now upline, Cheryl.  I am grateful for the advice, encouragement and opportunitiy to learn from the talented ladies at the Heart 2 Heart Challenges and other challenge blogs.  When I saw that the theme is "Gratitude," I knew immediately that I would use this sentiment from the "Always Grateful" stamp set.  I love the whole idea that instead of focusing on what we don't have, we should appreciate and be satisfied with what we do have.  (Except, maybe, for paper.  Yes, I am a paper hoarder...) 

I began by stamping the leaves in Barn Red and Sunset on Crème Brulee paper and then colored over them with Sunset, Honey, Autumn Terracotta and Red Barn alcohol markers.  The acorn is stamped in Chocolate on Cashmere paper and sponged with Cocoa, Desert Sand and Colonial White inks.  When I attached the leaves, I only put adhesive on the stem end, so that they curl up a bit, and I also popped up the acorn with some foam tape to give the focal point some dimension.  With it's lovely fall colors, Huntington paper was the only choice for me.

Thank you for stopping by!  Now please go check out the other expressions of gratitude at Heart 2 Heart Challenges.  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all from Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Huntington, Cashmere, Red Bard, Cocoa and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Red Barn, Sunset,  Cocoa, Desert Sand, Chocolate and Olive with Red Barn, Autumn Terracotta, Sunset and Honey alcohol markers
Stamps:  Always Grateful, Fall Harvest
Embellishments:  Bronze Shimmer Trim, Brown Opaques


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Hansi! Love all the paper layers and your colorful leaves. Thanks for sharing your awesome talents with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges as Guest Designer this month!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty card. Beautiful paper combinations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hansi, this is so beautiful. Love the leaves, they really make you think of Fall. Congrats on being our guest designer on Heart2Heart

    ReplyDelete