A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Atlantic Hearts Onaments


 
When I saw this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch, I thought of hanging ornaments and this card by Penny Thomas that I saw on Pinterest.  After cutting ornaments on my Cricut using the Art Philosophy cartridge from Close to My Heart, I sponged the edges, embossed them using various folders and then swiped on some more ink to bring out the texture.  Of course I have to embellish them with sparkles and glitter glitz.  Now they couldn't just float in the air, so what to do to make them look like they are hanging?  I think she used a stamp for the string, but I have no such stamp.  Then I found some silver metallic embroidery floss from We R Memory Keepers.  Now the fun really began!   After determining where to place my ornaments and marking the spots, I cut very small pieces of Zips adhesive lines which are like glue dots but come in a strip, stuck them on the spots and pushed the ends of the floss into them.  I wrapped each piece of floss around to the back of the panel being careful not to wrap them too tightly or too loosely and attached them the same way.  Lastly I tied knots in small pieces and glued them on with liquid glass.
 
I actually finished this Friday but did not have time to post as I had to pack for a much needed scrapbook day.  I will post some of those cards next.  In the meantime, please go check out some of the creations others have made at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge using this sketch:
 

 
As you can see, I moved the sentiment to the top because it fit better there.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi
 
Materials used, all Close to My heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Frosted, Champagne, Frosted Blue, Blush and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Champagne, Crystal Blue, Blush and Slate
Stamp:  A Very Merry Christmas (retired SOTM)
Embellishments:  Blue and Tan Sparkles, Silver Glitter Glitz, Sew Easy Fancy Floss from We R Memory Keepers
Other:  Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, Musical Flourishes, Snowflakes, Floral Fantasy, Paper Lace II, and Julie's Garden border embossing folders by Cuddlebug and two border folders from Darice.  I do not know their names



9 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thanks for playing along at AHSC for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful. I love how you CASEd that card and made it your own.

    Thank you for playing along with us at AHSC.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Card, really love the colours, and how you took and made it really your own. Thanks for joining us again at AHSC, always love seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ornaments! Another Christmas card for your stash! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like this for a Christmas Card. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. Great work. Congrats on getting top 3 over at Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge !!

    ReplyDelete