A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Singing for Heart 2 Heart



No, I am not really trying to push Christmas.  As any papercrafter knows, you have to get a head start if you are going to make your cards.  I just got a pack of "Frosted," one of my favorite new papers from Close to My Heart's Autumn/Winter catalog and have been playing with snowflakes.  This week's theme over at Heart 2 Heart is "Sing a Little Song for Me," so how about a Christmas carol?  All the snowflakes were cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  See below for the dimensions.  The large one was totally cased from Allisa Chilton.  Rather than cut the bottom most snowflake layer when only a little would be peaking through the openings, I conserved the limited Frosted Gray paper by trimming the little bits left between Cricut cuts and gluing them behind the holes.  The medium and small snowflakes were stamped with Versamark and embossed with silver with the smallest one being stamped with Twilight first.  I sponged the white edges with Champagne.  Of course, to finish them off I had to use some sparkles!  I love the new Rosewood mini medley and only wish that there were some smaller sparkles to co-ordinate.  I ended up using medium gray ones.  Here is the inside:



I used the layout from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, a new one for me.  Last week was the first time I played it.  Check it out if you haven't already.

 
I am not sure if this will be a Christmas card or if I am going to save it for when we get our first snowfall to send to one of my Yankee friends who complain about our lack of snow.   Thank you for stopping by!  Now please go be inspired by the other creations at Heart 2 Heart and Atlantic Hearts.  Until next time, Hansi
 
Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Frosted, Silver Glitter
Ink:  Champagne, Twilight
Stamps:  Snow Flurries (retired), Pear and Partridge Workshop on the Go (retired)
Embellishments:  Rosewood mini medley, Gray sparkles, Silver embossing powder
Other:  Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
 
Cricut cuts:
Large snowflake (page 22 shift+layer) 3.25 inches, (Page 27 shift) 2.5 inches, (page 27 shift+layer) 2.5 inches
Medium snowflake (page 27 shift) 1.75 inches
Small snowflake (page 27 shift) 1.25 inches

17 comments:

  1. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who saw Christmas in this sketch. Thanks for playing with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tis the time of year if you are a crafter... I have a friend who has finished making her cards. She started in February!

      Delete
  2. I love your snowflakes, and I guess I need to buy the silver embossing powder now, as it just makes your snowflakes pop. Great job, thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, hope to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I love snowflakes, and I love, love love heat embossing. . You aced this! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Hansi! Makes me wish for real snowflakes, even though its still warm outside. Interpreting those hexagons as snowflakes was the perfect thing for this week's Atlantic Hearts challenge. Thanks for playing along, and hope to "see" you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am just as happy to wait for snow. We usually don't get any until January. Sometimes late December.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous, Hansi! I am warming up to snowflakes too. Just not ready for shopping, lol! Thanks so much for sharing this with us over at H2H this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on the shopping part! More and more I go online. You can get almost anything on Amazon.com.

      Delete
    2. That is exactly what I do now!!! ;) Our great minds think alike on more than just paper!

      Delete
  6. Hansi, Hansi, Hansi....LOVE this card! Thanks for singing with us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous holiday card!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketches Challenge, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. like the snowflakes and embossing. Really pretty for the season. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love glitter and heat embossing and have been known to use both on some of my cards. Love this card! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card. Loving the snowflakes.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I love your snowflakes. Thank you for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete