A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Freshly Made With Laughing Lola


 


Freshly Made Sketches is celebrating its 100th challenge by resurrecting their first sketch:


 

 The minute I saw it I knew it was time for a Cathy Larouche flower to compliment the motif on Laughing Lola, one of Close to My Heart's new paper packs.  I made the flower with Laughing Lola Gold and Laughing Lola Purple, sponging the edges lightly in black and using a piece of bling from the Rosewood Mini Medley for the center.  A little bit of Color ready Seam Binding in Crystal Blue lightens it up.  I then stamped the butterfly with black pigment ink and embossed it with Clear Detail powder before coloring it.  I found that a couple layers of dark Cotton Candy over light Gypsy approximates Laughing Lola Purple and that Crystal Blue is a reasonable substitution for Laughing Lola Blue.  This card is for a young lady who is entering her senior year as part of a five year bachelor's/master's degree in education program, so I thought this was an appropriate sentiment:


 
 

Thank you for stopping by!  Now please go check out what others have done with this Freshly Made Sketch  Until next time, Hansi.
 
Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Laughing Lola, Crystal Blue cardstock
Ink:  Black pigment, Black and Crystal Blue dye inks, Crystal Blue, Cotton Candy, Gypsy, and Lagoon alcohol markers
Stamps:  Butterfly by Inkadinkadoo, , Hooray Bouquet
Embellishments:  Color Ready Seam Binding, Rosewood Mini Medley, Clear Sparkles, Clear Detail embossing powder
Other:  Artiste Cricut cartridge

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with these designer papers, and I love how you've used them here, Hansi! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, and many thanks for the link to the flower tutorial. Love the coloured-in butterfly--the whole card reminds me of those black velvet posters we had as kids... I just learned this past w/e that the easiest way to colour the seam-binding ribbon is with alcohol markers! Always something new...

    ReplyDelete