A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Meowy Unscripted Birthday




My brother, the proud father of a spoiled rotten black cat, is having a birthday, so Atticus invited a few of his friends over to serenade him with a rousing rendition of "Meowy Birthday."  The cats were stamped with black pigment ink and embossed with clear detail powder.  What I love about clear detail powder is that, unlike black embossing powder, any stray flecks of it don't show.  I think I should have used pigment ink to stamp the wooden badge buttons because the ink bled a little.  Here is the inside:



The layout is this one from the current Unscripted Sketches:


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  For Always with Champagne, Black and White Daisy cardstock
Ink:  Black pigment and dye inks
Stamps:  Cat stamps by Inkadinkado, paw print unlabeled from Michael's, Joyful Birthday
Embellishments:  Wooden Badge Buttons (to be retired), Clear Detail embossing powder



2 comments:

  1. What a cat-chy card! Fun stamp, and I love the addition of the paw-print badge buttons... Your brother will howl (or at least his cat will!) at this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a total cat lover (have 3 of my own, soon to be 4!) and your card caught my eye on the Unscripted Challenge blog. I just wanted to hop over and tell you how much I enjoyed your card :)

    ReplyDelete