A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, June 24, 2013

A Freshly Made Lighthouse



What a weekend!  After spending Saturday with some of my Scrappin' Friends, I went home for a belated Father's day celebration with my family.  "Home" is where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean and on the corner stand the Cape Henry Lighthouses.



The Perfect Day stamp set from Close to My Heart has always reminded me of the old lighthouse.  Monday I had some fun playing with it using the resist embossing technique where you heat emboss an image and then sponge over it.  This is the first of two card I made using it and this layout from Freshly Made Sketches.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all from Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Heavenly Blue and White Daisy cardstock, Majestic Blue, plus a paper bought at Micheal's ages ago.
Ink:  Bamboo, Desert Sand
Stamp:  Perfect Day
Embellishments:  White embossing powder, hemp, buttons from Joann's





1 comment:

  1. Pretty card! Love the hardware and the sponging. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete