A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Birthday Cake for Daddy

 
 
 
When I made this card for the Heart 2 Heart Cake Challenge I found myself thinking about my Daddy who was getting ready to celebrate his 81st birthday and how much he loves chocolate and then kicked myself for making the card so girly.  I was planning to make a more suitable cake card when, lo and behold, the folks in the Rose Blossom Garden challenged us to use the Birthday Girl key on the Artiste Cricut cartridge.  Perfect timing!  To give it more dimension, I embossed the icing and edged the cupcake holder with a bit of Whisper ink.  There is one thing I would have done differently if I had looked at my embellishments before arranging the color rays. The Lagoon embellishment in the For Always Assortment would have been perfect if I had not placed the Mint ray in the middle! Live and learn...  
 
Yesterday I headed home with a chocolate truffle cake and this card.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi
 
Materials used, all from Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted.
Paper:  Dream Pop, White Daisy and Chocolate cardstock
Ink:  Chocolate, Whisper
Stamp: Joyful Birthday (inside)
Embellishments:  Clear Sparkles, Bouquet Assortment (retired)
Other:  Musical Flourishes embossing folder by Cuddlebug

9 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the background and the little embellies that top off that yummy cupcake. Thanks for joining us in the Rose Garden! See you next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are so talented!! I always LOVE your creations!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rays! And great idea to emboss the frosting! Great card and Happy 81st to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a super fun card! I too love what you did with the background and your topping to the the cupcake!! Thank you for playing along with us at the Rose Blossom Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright, cheery card! I just love the embossed swirls on the icing and the floral toppings! Too cute. Thanks for sharing with us at the Rose Blossom Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cupcake card looks like real chocolate icing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Love Love that cupcake. Those rays in the background are just perfect. Thank you for playing with us at Rose Blossom Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bright fun card! Just love everything about it! Thanks for playing in our Rose Blossom Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Hansi! What a shining cupcake! Great use of embossing--love that touch. Looks super-yummy indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete