A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Dancing in the Rain with Heart 2 Heart





After completing the card in my last post, I found myself thinking how much it looked like the ballerina was dancing in the rain.  That lead my to think about one of my scrappin' friends who was having a birthday.  She has weathered her share of storms, but thanks to her faith, has learned to dance in the rain.  I have been wanting to try this resist embossing technique I saw on the Our Daily Bread blog.  Because the dancers already have the swirls in them, I did not do the first round of stamping.  I used a sponge wedge and dabbed lightly in layers with Lagoon and Cotton Candy.  After stamping and heat embossing the dancers with clear detail powder, I sponged over them with Outdoor Denim.  Thanks to keeping it light and layering, the effect is soft and misty with the colors on the bottom showing through.  I heat embossed the sentiment (the only way to get it to show) and created some raindrops with liquid glass.  Needless to say, I have no stamps with an appropriate sentiment for the inside, so I made my own using Word:




Did I mention that the theme at Heart 2 Heart is Raindrops Keep Falling...?  And the folks over at Papercraft Star want us to use a stamp?  This card is a perfect fit, not only for two of my favorite challenges, but for the showers we are having this morning.  Thank you for stopping by! Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all from close to My Heart:
Paper:  White Daisy and Outdoor Denim cardstock
Inks:  Lagoon, Cotton Candy, and Outdoor Denim
Stamp:  Aspire (retired)
Embellishments:  Clear Detail and White embossing powders, liquid glass

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card. Love your coloring technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hansi this is a super beautiful card! I love the technique you have used to create this and the message is so inspirational. Thank you for sharing this with us over at the Papercraft Star,

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Hansi!!! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete