A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

My New Toy!

I finally have a chance to play with my new Cuddlebug, a Christmas gift from my husband.  It only seems only fitting that he should get the first card made using it.  You know, sort of a "Thank you, I love you and by the way, this is what the gadget you got me for Christmas does" kind of card.





This week's Mojo Monday sketch was a good layout to start with.  I used a folder from the Heritage set to emboss some Champagne card stock from Close to My Heart.  This is becoming one of my favorite colors.  The pink cast gives it a softness that most other neutrals lack.  The rest of the paper comes from a small (4.5 x 6.5 inch) pad called Once Upon a Time by DCWV that I picked up when checking out the new A. C. Moore arts and craft store.  To make the flower I cut four <flower 8> in graduated sizes using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, sponged the edges with Saddle layered over Smokey Plum, curled the petals, used a Colonial White Designer Brad (retired) topped with a brown opaque to hold them together and attached with pop up foam.  The little tag is from the Colonial White (I know it looks blue in the photo) Mini Medley (retired), the button from the new Antique Gold Mini Medley and the sentiment from the "For Evey Occasion" stamp set.  The ribbon came from the Dollar Tree.  This is the inside of the card.

 


Many of the papers in the paper pad are embossed or have glitter on them which may not agree with my Cricut, so I had to (gasp) cut the heart by hand.  On the whole I am pretty pleased with how this card came out.  I stumbled across A Blog Named Hero which is challenging its readers to try something new, so I think I will enter this card.

This is the Mojo Monday layout I used:

 
 
Now it is time to make a birthday card for my nephew who is turning 21.  I am sure I can find a way to work in some embossing...  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi



3 comments:

  1. Ha, yay for a new cuttlebug! I'm sure your hubby will be thrilled to see what it does - if he's into tools then he will understand! ;) when i describe them like that to my hubby he is much more interested ;) Enjoy your new toy!

    xo, Kristina
    Visiting from ABNH Challenge
    Hope you'll visit me too <3
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete