A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Lesson In Letting Go

 
 
 
Today is my husband's birthday which, of course, means I needed a card for him.  Although I make pretty, romantic "I love you/appreciate all you do" cards for him through out the year, I feel like his birthday card should be more "manly" and masculine is always a challenge for me.  I had an idea for a card which played off his interest in astronomy, but no matter how many times I reworked it, I just didn't like the result, so I let go of that idea and made this card instead.  I should mention that he is an avid Scrabble player.  I have seen a number of cards featuring pieced wedges and decided to give it a try.  The papers are "Lucky," "You and Me" (A special kit which was never in a catalog), "Victory," "Cruisin," and "Typeset" combined with Bamboo and Outdoor Denim cardstock.  I clipped the prongs off the brads and attached them to the star with liquid glass and then attached the star with pop up foam.  I am sorry that the Milepost Shapes are on the retirement list.  The sentiment is from the "Blue Ribbon" stamp set.  On the whole I am happy with the this card and see it as a reminder that sometimes you have to let go of your plans and be open to something new.
 
Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, Hansi


No comments:

Post a Comment